Hi, it's Marilyn. When I was a little girl, there was a certain TV show on every morning that ended with this line, "Remember, every day is Mother's Day." So, even though Mother's Day was a few days ago, in that spirit of the old TV show host, I thought I'd write about Mother's Day this week.
Here are some things you might not know about your mom:
- The first time she saw you, she forgot all about herself and thought only about making sure that you were safe and happy for the rest of your life.
- Every night before she goes to bed, she comes into your room to say good-night once more, even though you're asleep.
- When you catch her looking at you, she's thinking how beautiful you are and how much she loves you.
- Even if it doesn't seem like it all the time, your mom wants only the best for you.
- She worries a lot about you, even if she doesn't show it.
- She loves you more than you know, every second of the day and night, even if she doesn't tell you.
When was the last time you and your mom had a conversation? If it's been more than a week, make some time soon to talk with each other. If that seems weird or even hard to do, here are some questions you can ask her:
- How did you celebrate Mother's Day when you were my age?
- If you had a whole day to do whatever you wanted, what would you do?
- What three good things do you think about me?
- What do you do or think about as a mom that other people might not know?
Try it, and then tell me what you learned about your mom. And God bless!