Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Reviews


Wow! I didn't realize how many reviews I'd already have with the book not yet released. I love that people took the time to write and post reviews.

Here are three:
The One Year Book of Bible Trivia for Kids opens the door to brush up on Bible knowledge! This book may even possibly teach kids a few new things too. It's friendly format is basic, yet appealing. The meat of the book is straight to the point and readers will begin a yearly journey starting in Genesis and finishing with the book of Revelations.
Each of the devotions has a title ( for example: A Willing Learner), a Question ( What Jew really wanted to preach about the Lord but didn't know Jesus was the Messiah), a multiple choice answer (a. Apollos, B. Agabus, C. Timothy), For You (a section that asks a question for the reader to contemplate the devotion at hand and apply it to their life), and the correct answer to the trivia question with the accompanying Bible Verse in which the answer is found ( in the devotion, I mentioned the answer is A and the story can be found in the book of Acts).
The 365 Bibical Trivia devotions are written as if speaking to the reader. The age recommendations is 10 -14 year olds but I think even a younger child interested in their faith can grow from using this book daily. This devotion could even work for a family time discussion. Reading through the book, I was even challenged by some of the trivia questions!I recommend checking this book out for yourself. I'm sure it would be a blessing to any kid craving that deeper relationship God.




What kind of fruit did Eve take from the tree of knowledge of good and evil? A. pear; B. apple; C. we don’t know.
What did Jesus serve the disciples for breakfast? A. fruit and cereal, B. fish and bread; C. manna and quail.
Learn a little Bible trivia while learning more about God’s message within the Bible. This One Year book features 365 trivia questions that lead into meaningful devotions about the questions. Each devotion also includes a For You section, which gives a simple application to kid’s lives. And the answer to the opening question wraps up the devotion and gives readers biblical references to read.
This book will keep curious kids on their toes and give them a reason to open their devotional and Bible daily. They can also use their knowledge to test family members each day. [The answers to the questions above are C. we don’t know and B. fish and bread.]
I had a privilege of trying this book with the kids I babysat and they loved it. Elizabeth said, "I love the pictures and the questions. It helped me think." Jack, the younger one liked looking at all the pictures and seeing what was next, even though he was only 2 1/2.
I mentioned this book to my cousins, and one of them said, "Man, I wish I lived closer to your house, so we can do devotions again." My other cousin said, "I like the Bible Trivia because it helps me learn more about the Bible and God's Word." I gave them a few trivia questions over the phone and read them the first few pages.
Even though this book may be for older kids, the toddlers I had liked the pictures and the applications that I made for them using the devotional book.
I highly recommend this book to any parent! Although, it won't be published until October 15, 2013.



Bible Trivia for Kids: The One Year by Katrina Cassel is a book for kids age 10 or so and older to test their knowledge of the Bible.
The format of the book is a daily devotion based on a Biblical trivia question. The devotion explains the passage from which the question is derived. Then there's an explanation of what it can mean in your own life.
This is something that parents and kids could do together, say, over dinner or before bedtime. It's too advanced for younger kids though, in my opinion. The only thing I didn't care for is that each devotion is dated. I just don't like dated devotionals, because it makes it seem like if you don't start on January 1, then you might as well not start at all.



No comments:

Post a Comment