Hi! Sherry Kyle, here. Can you believe it’s February? Before you know it, it will be Valentine’s Day, the day to show your loved ones how much you care about them. But why wait till then? Consider these ten ideas to put a smile on their face, and warmth in their heart ANY day of the year:
1. Forgive something they did that hurt you without needing to hear the words, “I’m sorry.”
2. Send them a text that reads, “Thought of you today, and it made me smile.”
3. Look them in the eye and say, “I really appreciate you—just for being you.”
4. Compliment them on a job well done.
5. Give them something from nature that reminds you of them—like a beautiful shell, or a sturdy rock.
6. Ask, “How are you—really?” Then do nothing but listen for as long as they’d like to talk.
7. Encourage them to pursue their dreams.
8. Tell them which qualities of theirs you admire.
9. Notice when they do something that might have been difficult.
10. Go on the swings, get some ice cream, and let go of your stresses together.
By Sherry Kyle